Pages

Busy Bee...

Wednesday, February 11, 2015


Hi readers! Guess what? I'm going to put my writing skills to some use finally. I'm officially a new writer for my university newspaper, The Pan American. They were glad to accept me and I start reporter training soon. I've never done reporting before and I am ecstatic and ready to learn. This opportunity gives me the chance to dabble into reporting and write, of course. Also, I'll eventually start getting paid to write for school. How cool is that?! Now that I am almost twenty-three it's important for me to start learning new skills, volunteer and begin internships. I'm happy to say that I'll be doing all of them and I'll be extremely busy. I know it will be worth it to gain experience and to hopefully land a job as soon as I graduate. I still plan on attending graduate school but for that I am going to need money which means getting a higher paying job after graduating is much needed. I'm finally putting myself out there. I feel like I'm breaking out of my shell and doing things I'm not normally comfortable doing (aka talking to people, lol). My ultimate goal in my future career is to keep on writing and hopefully write for a magazine or newspaper. I know I can't do that where I currently live. I'm ready to venture out in the world and find my place. I can't wait to graduate. Here's to good things happening. (raises plastic cup filled with nothing) I hope you all are doing lovely! 

Love
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment