Pages

Oh hello, sorry to leave you hanging..

Sunday, July 6, 2014


Let's catch up..
Oh my gosh, it's been awhile since I last blogged. I apologize for not posting I was busy with summer school and trying to stay away from social media. The summer semester went by really fast but it's all over now and I am just waiting for final grades to be posted. Anyways, I need to update you on my life in the past two months. My relationship with Eddie is the best ever, in August we will be dating for a year already. How crazy is that? We are going to Seattle/Portland next month and I promise I will vlog this time, I didn't vlog in my Austin trip. Now that I am done with summer school I have about a month and nine days until the Fall semester in August.  I plan on keeping myself busy by reading and learning more French, also getting by substitute certification so I can sub during the year as a part-time job. Right now, I am just looking forward to traveling, I leave to Seattle in just 10 days!


Austin..

[Morrissey show, Halcyon, Pluckers and my cutie pie]

Alright, Austin was loads of fun. I hung out with Eddie, Pete and Vivian most of the time. We ate good food, drank too much and did all of the "Austin-ey" things you are supposed to when visiting. Eddie and I booked a private room on AirBnB and we stayed in East Austin which is close to downtown. The room was pretty okay for the weekend, it was really cheap so I didn't complain. My highlight of the weekend was MORRISSEY, of course. The performance was beyond my expectations. I actually cried because I was amazed by his incredible voice. If you have never been to Austin I suggest checking out my favorite local places in west sixth downtown area. My absolute favorite record store is 'Waterloo Records' and I love purchasing used CDs, vinyl and books. You should also check out 'Book People' it's such a cool bookstore. Eddie got me a signed copy of 'The Fault in Our Stars' from the bookstore. Anyways, that was pretty much my trip to Austin. It was a good and short trip, I definitely miss living in the big city but I know I'll be heading to the West Coast soon.



Eddie turned 23..

On May 31st my boyfriend turned 23 years old. I got him some cute and thoughtful gifts along with a giant cookie cake. We spent the day together eating bbq, watching a movie and then in the evening we joined friends for some beers at Roosevelt's. It was a nice day and Eddie loved his gifts that I got him. 

Summer I and Summer Fun...

[Eddie and I at wedding, Beach day picture, Sarah and I, Wedding Outfit (Sarah lent me accessories), Selfie after getting ready]

I decided to take summer classes which meant I was busy during the week but I  had Friday's off and that was pretty great. I had to write plenty of essays during the semester but it's all over now. I just want to graduate and finish as quick as possible. I won't be taking Summer II because I will be traveling and I am 100% okay with that.


I've been spending a lot of quality time with Eddie this Summer since he has been working a lot to save for our upcoming trip.Eddie and I attended one of his friends wedding which was a lot of fun getting dressed up and dancing..of course drinking as well. We also were able to visit the beach for the day which is always a nice little getaway. I've also spent time with my friend Sarah and we've become even closer since I've started living in the valley again. It's nice to have a friend that you can just text who is always down for a drink, good conversations and food. I've decided to stay away from social media this summer and hoping to not go back because it takes up a lot of time and I don't like being glued to my phone. I will be able to keep up with blogging now more since I don't have school and I can focus all my attention on one website instead of having various social media websites. 

Seattle/Portland trip!
Eddie and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary soon and this a trip we will be spending together next month. We love Seattle and I can't to visit again with my wonderful boyfriend. I have so much planned and we are staying near Alki beach which is about 10 minutes from downtown. I also get to go to Portland, Oregon this time. I am extremely excited because I've heard Oregon is such a beautiful place. We will be taking the Bolt Bus to Portland from Seattle and I can only imagine how amazing the scenery will be on the way over. Oh, did I mention we are going to watch Modest Mouse? The tickets sold out in two minutes and I was fortunate enough to grab us a pair of tickets. I'll be in Seattle/Portland from July 16 - July 21 so keep up with me on Instagram my account is  latelywithdeb, i'll best posting pictures on their. I'll also be vlogging this time so I may have my YouTube channel set up by then.

My treat to you..

I am going to leave you with this artist who is signed on Captured Tracks. He is an artist from Los, Angeles California and his name is Chris Cohen. I suggest listening to his album it's called 'Overgrown Path' it has an interesting sound and I love his voice, it's so calm and soothing. It would be perfect to listen to while sitting on a beach. This song is called 'optimist high' and it's one of my favorites off the album. I hope you enjoy it! 

Thanks for reading!
Love, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment