Pages

Is it Summer yet?!?

Monday, April 20, 2015

[My story! Pick it up if you go to UTPA, Moontower Tickets, Gallery Photo, Missing Roosevelt's beer and food, homemade frappes I made with Mia and Jade]

Hello everybody!
Last time I posted I was a little moody. I think it's easy to tell when I'm frustrated with how things are going. I'm doing much better now. School and writing for the newspaper can just get frustrating at times and I get upset.I tend to have little mental breakdowns every now and then. I also haven't been doing much or going out so you can imagine how much I feel the need just to have fun and escape for a bit. I've literally just been so busy that I haven't been able to enjoy spending time with my boyfriend or my friends. This week is actually going to be a pretty easy week and I am so happy about that. I did get printed in The Pan American last week and that was pretty cool. I also just finished writing a 24 page research paper yesterday. I've been writing for school a lot and it sucks, but I'm an English major and a reporter so I don't have a choice. This week I just need to focus on getting my spreads done on InDesign for the UTPA Gallery Literary & Arts Magazine. We are going to print next week! Gallery is probably my favorite class, my professor is letting us design the magazine however we like and as a class we picked all the poetry, essays, prose and art for the magazine. If you are a UTPA student I highly suggest you pick it up when it's available. We took pictures today for the magazine and that was fun. Anyways, you guys have no idea how excited I am for this upcoming weekend. I am going to Austin for Moontower Comedy Festival with Eddie on Friday! I have tickets for Dr. Katz and Marc Maron will be doing an appearance, also going to T.J. Miller, Pete Holmes and Todd Barry. We are going to leave Friday as soon as I finish with my exam. Then it's time to enjoy a fun weekend of comedy, cold drinks and yummy food. I'm so glad that Eddie and I decided to go and that it's only a few days away. I am not looking forward to next weekend at all. I am getting four wisdom teeth extracted on a Friday which means I'll probably just be cooped up at home in pain all weekend. Finally the semester is coming to an end and we only have a couple of weeks. I am so ready for the semester to be over and I only have one final to worry about. I hope you all are doing well and have a great week/weekend! I know I will! :)

P.S. Are you guys watching Daredevil on Netflix? It's AMAZING!

love, deb


I just can't get enough of Courtney Barnett. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment