Pages

The happiness continues..

Tuesday, April 29, 2014


I had a pretty exciting and fun week/weekend.. On Wednesday, I invited Jenn over to go for a run and then we hung out the next day as well. Jenn invited me to a show at Cine El Rey and I hadn't been there since I was in high school. We saw 'Phantogram' and they were pretty great and the venue wasn't too crowded. After the show we headed to Suerte Bar in downtown McAllen. Normally, I don't go downtown in the valley but it was right next to the venue and everyone from the show ended up going so it was a different crowd. It wasn't your normal downtown crowd. It ended up being really fun. They had awesome drinks with chamoy in them. I also ran into a lot of people I had seen since high school/middle school. I had fun with Jenn though, I really missed hanging out with her so I enjoyed her company and I was glad she invited me out. We ended the night at my house instantly knocking out as soon we got back. 


I've been feeling a lot more comfortable in my body and I was able to wear this bodycon dress that I bought about four years ago. I'm really proud of the changes I am seeing and I hope to continue to keep up with this healthier lifestyle.


This weekend consisted of a lot of family time. Mia and Jade made their First Communion on Saturday and as the big sister I had to make sure and be there for support. They looked adorable and they were really happy to see me there. After the communion my sisters got to choose any restaurant they wanted to eat at so they were very excited. They ended up choosing Luby's, lol. It was a nice day with the family. On Sunday, my Aunt Patty called me and invited me to the Cinemark Bistro for a girls movie day to watch 'The Other Woman'. It's not a movie I would normally watch but I thought it was hilarious and enjoyed spending time with my aunts, mom and grandma. They want to make it a monthly thing and I think that's a great idea. I want to continue to spend as much time as possible with my family. 


I ordered this great Mac Demarco shirt off of Etsy. I am in love with his albums, voice and I just simply can't get enough. I thought this shirt was super cool and immediately ordered it. It was sent to me really quickly and the seller included a pizza bumper sticker and a little note thanking me for buying the shirt. I thought that was really awesome of him and made the purchase a little more personal. The shirt was made for Mac Demarco's album premier party and only five-hundred were made and fifty were sold. I think that makes it just as unique as Mac Demarco himself.

On Saturday, I went out for drinks with Eddie and his friends for his brothers birthday. I was insanely nervous to meet them because I tend to be really shy when I first meet people. It ended up being a pretty cool night though. We went to Roosevelt's around nine and sat outside conversing and drinking beer. Later, we went to Gamehaus and I had fun playing skee ball with Eddie because every other machine was broken. All in all, it wasn't so bad after all. Everyone was really nice to me and I had a lot of fun with Eddie. 

I hope you all are doing well. My life has been pretty perfect and I owe it all to my wonderful family, boyfriend and friends. My views have gone up so much lately..I can't thank you enough for reading. It means so much to me, I hope I continue to keep you interested. I'll try to write more often and included a lot of pictures and videos. 

Lastly, I'll leave you with this song by Mac Demarco called 'My Kind of Woman'. It's always in my head and I can't stop singing or humming it. Remember, Mac is a little weird.. you'll see if you watch the video. I hope you enjoy it. 





Love
Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment