Pages

Great week so far...

Thursday, April 3, 2014


This week has been pretty fun and it's almost the weekend. I caught up with all my work for school (I go to school online) which means a lot of free time. I am able to spend more time with Ferdinand which I know he loves. I've also spent a lot of time with my boyfriend (Eddie) which is always the best. We went out on a Tuesday to Roosevelt's at 7 to avoid crowds and just relax and drink. It was quite lovely. This week I ordered Ernest Hemingway's - The Short Stories and I've already read the first story which exceeded my expectations but I still have forty more stories to go. I also started my book for the month with Eddie and we decided on 'This Side of Paradise' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Last month was 'The Old Man and The Sea' by Ernest Hemingway which is an easy read that I would suggest to almost anyone. I'm also reading 'The Doors of Perception' by Aldous Huxley which is interesting but also really philosophical. I'm only about halfway through but I'll let you know if it's worth reading. Other than that I've been keeping up with my workout program and I've really seen a difference in my body which is awesome. It keeps me motivated to keep on going. Although, the valley heat is back and it's more unbearable than ever. I've started running five days a week and it's hard to keep up with this awful dry heat. That's pretty much all I've done this week and tonight 'Parks and Recreation' returns with a new episode and so does 'Portlandia' so I'll be glued to my television watching my favorite shows. I hope you all have had a great week so far.. I know I have. 

love
deb

2 comments:

  1. F. Scott Fitzgerald is probably my favorite author. I haven't read "This Side of Paradise" though. I'll have to check that out!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I love F. Scott Fitzgerald as well but have read mostly short stories. I am excited about this read. I'll post at the end of the month my thoughts on the book. Thanks for reading. <3

    ReplyDelete