Pages

My weekend in Austin..

Monday, April 14, 2014



I know it may have seemed like I was ranting about how much I dislike Austin but that's entirely untrue. I just dislike the people that I met while attending UT, like my roommates, friends from high school that attend and a few others. I love Austin. The city will always hold a special place in my heart. This weekend I was able to do a lot on my own and I enjoyed it. I went to my favorite local places which are Waterloo and Book People. I spent hours just browsing and then I headed to Whole Foods to get some snacks. Then I went to Zilker got my own little bench and read for a couple of hours. It was such a beautiful day. Now, that I'm off social networks I feel like I'm actually enjoying what I'm doing and it's not necessary for me to tweet about it. I do like writing though because it helps me process my thoughts. Most of my trip I was packing up my apartment and it wasn't too bad. The rest I spent in my own company or with my friend Vivian. I hadn't seen her in awhile so it was good to hang out and talk to her about everything. She is the one friend that I can always go to with my problems. Overall, I'd say it was a good weekend. I did my favorite things, supported local businesses, had a lot of realizations and then came hauling butt home to see my wonderful boyfriend. It's strange how a few days apart can seem like an eternity when you're not near your loved one. I got some goodies for Eddie and I was really excited to give them to him. I got him Tom Waits second album and William Faulkner's selected short stories. I've really been into Faulkner lately so I got 'As I Lay Dying' for myself. I do suggest reading 'A Rose For Emily' if you are curious about him. He is an interesting writer with unexpected plot twists. Anyways,  I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Thanks for reading. 

Love,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment